Your donation protects our health and our environment.
The CELA Foundation (formerly the Resource Library for the Environment and the Law) was established in 1993 and has long supproted CELA’s work on environmental law and justice issues. Your tax-creditable donation to the CELA Foundation will ensure that CELA can continue to provide research and educational support for environmental law reform, and legal assistance to low-income communities who are adversely – and disproportionately – affected by environmental issues.
We need your support. Environmental laws are under attack in Ontario. The Ontario legal aid system – of which CELA is a part – has suffered funding cuts and is threatened with more. We can’t afford to let 50 years of good work to protect our environment and health be eroded.
Your donation is critical to ensure that CELA can protect our future.
Your gift will:
- Support the next generation of skilled environmental justice advocates by providing vital articling opportunities.
- Give northern, remote and indigenous communities equitable access to environmental defence and advocacy.
- Enable communities to participate, with expert assistance, in environmental decisions and legal issues that profoundly affect their health and environment.
- Provide educational and research service that give environment lawyers and advocates the tools they need to succeed in a changing environment.
Consider joining our monthly giving program:
- It’s easier to be generous on a monthly plan.
- You don’t have to worry about forgetting to support a cause you care about.
- Signing up is simple, and you can withdraw at any time.
- You will receive one consolidated tax receipt for your year of giving.
- Your donation provides stable funding, allowing CELA to use your support most effectively.
You can make a donation by:
Cheque payable to the Canadian Environmental Law Foundation. Send it to Suite 1500, 55 University Ave., Toronto, ON M5J 2H7 or;
Credit card through Canada Helps, an organization that processes charitable donations (including providing tax receipts to donors), by clicking here or on the banner below.
You will be redirected to a form on the Canada Helps website.